Volume Meshing: MeshGems-Hybrid
MeshGems-Hybrid is generalizing the automatic conformal volume filling for all closed tri-quad surfaces given as an input, by mixing together the methods of MeshGems-Tetra and MeshGems-Hexa in addition to an Extrusion method. And, as a subset of the whole set of MeshGems-Hybrid capabilities, Boundary Layers can be generated automatically.
- Input (tri/quad) surface mesh is kept (must be watertight, conformal and non self-intersecting)
- Maximize number of hexahedra, allow other element types
- Extends the applicability of Tet- & Hex-Meshing to mixed surfaces (conformal)
- Applicable to Hex-core or Tet-core meshing & Boundary layers
- Hexahedra, prisms: using transition elements (pyramids, wedges, tetra) wherever required for conformity
- Multiple normal extrusion
- Boundary layers
- Collision prevention
Any component of the MeshGems suite can be fully tested during one month at no charge.
→ Request an evaluation